Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hang gliding

Matt and I were just talking on the phone about how his club have increased their prices.....again!! I however have been talking to some of the guys here in the Kiev office about my flying antics and have been invited to take up hang gliding. Apart from the rent of the equipment and the initial lessons, it's pretty damn cheap to go fly. And it doesn't matter how much a barrel of oil will cost ;-)

The guys were telling me that the mountains in Crimea are a favourite of the hang gliding community here in Ukraine, but in the Autumn you can get winched up into the winds aloft and manage it that way, particularly in Kiev were the hills are smaller.

So in a few weekends I'm hoping to pay a visit to the hang gliding club and see if they''ll let me join and learn to fly them. I'll let you all know what it's like to fly without an engine as soon as I try it out

No comments: